This is a 100% fully remote role. You can work remotely from anywhere in the Continental U.S.
Varis (www.govaris.com) is a well-funded and fast-growing technology startup that focuses on digital commerce software-as-a-service and procurement and is owned by The ODP Corporation (NASDAQ: ODP).
We are innovation-driven, customer-centric, and ready to transform business-to-business (B2B) procurement with insights gleaned from data.
Our culture is focused on bold vision, launching the simplest initial solution to learn, then either failing or scaling fast.
About the Role
We seek teammates who drive value creation, are great problem solvers, have strong interpersonal savvy, and can successfully learn on the fly! Joining us now is a ground-floor opportunity to shape our limitless future.
On our team, you will: see and feel the direct impact of your work; be surrounded by passionate people; learn how to be an entrepreneur; and be at the center of a highly dynamic business model with tremendous individual and collective potential.
As a Lead Engineer – DevOps/Cloud, you will be part of the team which creates services for better development experience. The DevEx/Internal Developer Platforms team acts as a bridge to enable the Infra and Development team for faster execution in the modern Cloud native world. This platform drives the concept of “You build it, you run it”.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with broader infrastructure organization and product teams in Varis to build the future state infrastructure which is cloud and microservice oriented.
- Help define infrastructure topology for a scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage containers, microservices and cloud (preferably Azure).
- Build a roadmap for new internal tools and solutions, that improve developer efficiency and experience.
- Collaborate across teams to improve to build, integration, release process, and related tools.
- Evaluate new out of the box solutions and optimize existing DevOps process or tools.
- Help build operationally excellent services and systems.
- Deliver simple, sustainable, and repeatable solutions and processes
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience with containerization technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Azure AKS or AWS ECS.
- Strong experience in building end-to-end CI and CD pipelines.
- Strong experience with infrastructure orchestration tools (e.g Terraform, CloudFormation, Biceps, Cloud Development Kit)
- Good working knowledge of Linux and Unix.
- Strong experience in DevOps best practices and software application lifecycle/release processes.
- Experience in automating infrastructure using programming languages (Java/Python/Go or any scripting languages)
- Experience in delivering and deploying high scale, high-performance Web Applications and experience in Blue/green deployments, A/B testing, Canary practices.
- Experience integrating pipelines with configuring, administering, and integrating testing tools such as Selenium.
- Exposure to Performance testing /tuning, monitoring, and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience in implementing DevSecOps best practices is an advantage.
- Good technical understanding of cloud infrastructure, well architected frameworks, anti-patterns
- Passion and skill for quickly learning new tools and approaches
Nice to have
- Experience in developing and automating tools for better Developer experience.
- Azure background is a plus.
- Previous experience working in a cloud native, developer centric, self-service environment.
Benefits and Perks
- Discounts on Office-Depot/Microsoft/Apple’s products and services
- Auto, Home, and Pet Insurance
- Medical / dental / vision, AD&D, and Life Insurance
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Health Saving Account (HSA)
- Long Term Disability and Short-Term Disability
- 401(k) matching program
- Retirement Savings Plan Rollovers
- Banking Services
- Military Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Regular pay for Funeral/Memorial Service Observance
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- 100% permanent remote work in any states of United States
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all required responsibilities and skills. Other duties and special projects may be assigned per business needs. Job descriptions are subject to change at any time with or without notice. Varis is wholly owned by The ODP Corporation, which is the legal employer of Varis associates. ODP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.