About the job
This is a 100% fully remote role. You can work remotely from anywhere in the Continental Mexico.
Varis (www.govaris.com) is a well-funded and fast-growing technology startup that focuses on digital commerce software-as-a-service and procurement, owned by The ODP Corporation (NASDAQ: ODP).
We are innovation-driven, customer-centric, and ready to transform Business-to-Business (B2B) Procurement with insights gleaned from data.
Our culture is focused on bold vision, launching the simplest initial solution to learn, then either failing or scaling fast.
About the Role
As a Software Development Manager, you will be an integral team member of our innovative Product & Technology organization, contributing greatly to this pivotal transformation in the B2B space. We seek teammates who drive value creation, love problem solving, have strong interpersonal savvy, and are eager to learn on the fly! Joining us now is a ground-floor opportunity to shape our limitless future. In this role you will set the direction for a team and own the execution that delivers high quality Software Product Solution(s); be surrounded by passionate and caring people; learn how to be an entrepreneur and be at the center of a highly dynamic business model.
What You’ll Do
- Help set the vision, charter, and roadmap for the Software Product Development team
- Responsible for all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Work with internal stakeholders - Developers, other Managers, UX and Product Managers to build right solutions for your direct customers.
- Assess the business and organization implications of key application technology alternatives for wide-impact initiatives; Mapping requirements to a software solution in accordance with the overall architecture of the system; recommend appropriate strategic action.
- Guide the development team in overall application technology design activities; Grow the development team in terms of knowledge and understanding of the systems and best practices in software development practices.
- Lead and develop the team, including hiring, goal setting, performance management, coaching, projects, and training. Work with team members to develop career paths and opportunities within the organization.
- Foster growth and skill acquisition/development for the team leaders. Provide a creative environment where challenges are embraced and where difficult tasks are valued.
- Manage project timelines and budget, responsible for application/system, including scopes, timelines, dependencies, and deliverables
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
- 8+ years in overall software engineering design and development experience.
- 3+ years in software engineering management roles, leading and growing people.
- 3+ years’ experience leading teams using cloud technologies ( AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud services).
- Ability to dive deep into technical concepts with successful especially in a distributed cloud native environment
- Ability to develop clarity in an ambiguous environment, build partnerships with multiple stakeholders and senior leaders, set direction, and resolve conflicts.
- Experience building software solutions end to end, especially focused on internal developer solutions and services.
- Track record of operating independently, set direction, and bring ideas and solutions to challenges.
- You should be comfortable gathering requirements across the many development teams, creating and maintaining technical project plans, roadmap and communicate priorities effectively.
- Fundamentals on the core concepts of Software Development, Developer productivity and operational excellence.
- Expert problem solver, experience in process improvement.
- Experience with high-volume/high transaction e-commerce applications, intimate knowledge of Internet Technologies, and understanding of the latest changes and trends in this area of technology.
- Persuade/influence team members, sell ideas effectively, get results, and follow through.
- Strong decision-making skills, and an understanding of where projects fit into the development strategy.
- Demonstrate integrity and maturity, and a constructive approach to challenges.
- Works well in a team environment or individually, with a positive attitude.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Benefits and Perks
- Discounts on Office-Depot/Microsoft/Apple’s products and services
- Auto, Home, and Pet Insurance
- Medical / dental / vision, AD&D, and Life Insurance
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Health Saving Account (HSA)
- Long Term Disability and Short-Term Disability
- 401(k) matching program
- Retirement Savings Plan Rollovers
- Banking Services
- Military Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Regular pay for Funeral/Memorial Service Observance
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- 100% permanent remote work in any state of United Status
- Friendly Visa sponsorship for all technical job positions
Varis is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.